Wholesale and retail organisation specialised in womenswear
• Manage handover from design to supplier including complete tech-pack and BOM, inputting where quality or cost can be improved without sacrificing design intent and meeting sustainability strategy goals.
• Ensure target price and product designs are aligned, reviewing supplier costing information throughout the product development process.
• Handle all daily communication with suppliers to ensure critical product development and production calendar timelines are on track.
• Evaluate and comment on all development and bulk material submits to meet material ordering deadlines; manage quality exceptions with senior management as needed.
• Maintain accurate costing and development tracking databases by calendar milestones.
• Evaluate all prototypes, pre-production and (if needed) size-sets for fit approval/size specification, approval of color, accessories and materials, and manage comments to suppliers.
• Review and sign off shipment samples for merchantability and production go-ahead, ensuring timely delivery of final product.
• Research market and supply partners for relevant material, garment workmanship, pattern/fit, and trim innovations.
• Manage wear- and wash- testing to ensure product performance standards are met.
• Knowledge of women’s apparel and related material quality and garment workmanship standards
• Ability to fit a garment and comment to suppliers on changes required
• Knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate as required
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Proficiency with basic MS Office applications (esp. Excel and Outlook) and ability to work with PDM/PLM systems
• Domestic and international travel may be required
• Must be organized and work well in a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving abilities, organizational and planning skills are required. Must be solution minded.
It is a job for 32 / 40 hours. Please send your cv to Linda van den Ban
email@example.com with a short motivation